- 1 Best Car Upholstery Cleaners – Editor’s Choice
- 1.1 1. CarGuys Super Car Upholstery Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Chem-Dry Car Upholstery Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Meguiar’s G9719 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Chemical Guys CWS_103_16 Fabric Clean Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo
- 1.5 5. Blue Coral DC22 Upholstery Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Zep ZUOXSR32 Advanced Oxy Upholstery Cleaner
- 2 Car Upholstery Cleaner Buying Guide
- 3 Why do I Need a Car Upholstery Cleaner?
- 4 How to Clean My Car Upholstery the Right Way?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Best Upholstery Cleaner Comparison Chart
- 7 Wrap Up
Do you really love “her”? Would you do everything for “her”? Do you want “her” to be happy and look good? Of course, we are talking about your car – what else? If the answer is yes then you are reading the right article. If you want a car that catches the eye, you need to have maintenance tools and products such as soaps, sprays, waxes, etc. The best car upholstery cleaner is also something that you need to have in your possession.
This is a topic worth both writing and reading about because knowing how to keep your car in the perfect condition is something every driver needs to know. Driving a car is one thing but taking good care of it is something else. This is why our team has created this helpful buying guide that includes the seven top car upholstery cleaner reviews. In order to look them through just continue reading and then don’t even think about stopping because we have put together some interesting tips, rules and a lot of important information on how to work with a car upholstery cleaner.
- CarGuys Super Cleaner
- Size : 18 Ounces
- Weight : 1.26 pounds
- Contains : Multi-surface cleaner / Newest advancements in nano-technology
- For : Interior, Exterior, Indoor, Outdoor, Car, Truck, RV, Motorcycle, Boat and Home use!
- Chem-Dry Carpet Stain Extinguisher
- Size : 18 Ounces
- Weight : 10.2 ounces
- Contains : Water-based cleaner
- For : Carpets, upholstery and fabrics
- Meguiar's G9719 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- Size : 19 Ounces
- Weight : 1.19 pounds
- Contains : Fast acting foam
- For : Carpets & fabrics
- Chemical Guys CWS_103_16 Fabric Clean Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo
- Size : 16 Ounces
- Weight : 1.1 pounds
- Contains : Newest, advanced protectants and cleaners
- For : Indoor and outdoor fabric, upholstery and carpet
- Blue Coral DC22 Upholstery Cleaner
- Size : 22.8 Ounces
- Weight : 1.5 pounds
- Contains : Stain lifting ingredients
- For : Carpet, upholstery and floor mats
- Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
- Size : 22 Ounces
- Weight : 1.6 pounds
- Contains : Oxygen action
- For : Carpet, upholstery and couches
Best Car Upholstery Cleaners – Editor’s Choice
This here is our main list of products to keep an eye for. We don’t have them arranged in any order so just check them out and decide which one you like the most.
1. CarGuys Super Car Upholstery Cleaner
This little bottle contains multi-surface cleaner that will never disappoint you. Being made of the newest advancements in nano-technology, this product can clean everything you want. Your car upholstery will be dirt-free and you will feel comfortable when you travel anywhere. The dust, stains, and grime will be removed on the molecular level and your car will look as good as new. The coolest thing about this CarGuys Super Cleaner is that it is an all-in-one product that will save you time and money. What does that mean? It means that you can not only clean your upholstery but also your floor mats, cabin, etc. Delicate instrument panel screens and glass are pretty much the only two things that this product is not suitable for. It is perfect for leather, vinyl, fabric, rubber, wood trim…well, everything that you can think of, really. Another advantage is the clean finish you will get. There will be no gloss or stains left. And guess what, this actually can be used on other things besides cars. Let’s say your boat needs to be freshened up or maybe your sofa or even your carpet needs to be cleaned. You can easily use this item and worry about nothing.
2. Chem-Dry Car Upholstery Cleaner
If you are a cat or a dog lover, then you know the struggle with cleaning. This Chem-Dry Carpet Stain Extinguisher will definitely save your life. It is a water-based product that will remove even the toughest stain from your carpet. Now, don’t worry about the word “carpet”. Though it is the best car carpet cleaner it is perfectly suitable for your car upholstery and you can be sure that the result will be satisfying. The cleaner is green certified and your family and pets will be safe for it is non-toxic. It does not contain any harsh solvents so your upholstery, carpet or anything else that you are cleaning, will not be damaged. Chem-Dry is one of the world’s leading firms in the upholstery and carpet cleaning industry. Their product uses the cleaning abilities of carbonation to give you the best results. Its scent is extremely fresh and you will not only see the results but also smell them. Mayonnaise, ketchup, coffee, chocolate, those are all things you now don’t have to be afraid of. If you chose this product, professional cleaning will not be needed for you would be able to do everything yourself.
3. Meguiar’s G9719 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Grab the microfiber towel and get to work. This Meguiar’s G9719 carpet and upholstery cleaner will make your home shine bright like a morning star. Not even the toughest stains will be an obstacle for this spray. You just need to apply it, wait for around 10 minutes and wipe up. There you go, your carpet looks exactly the way it looked the first day you bought it. Wait, what? You don’t have a carpet, oh, we see, well don’t sweat for this cleaner is perfectly suitable for your vehicle also. Your upholstery will look even better than the first time you sat in it. The professional-strength cleaning foam will take care of any stain and even odor. Your car will look good and at the same time smell even better. The sticky residue that normally could be seen after the usage of such product, will not be found here. If you just want to do some general cleaning this product is also a perfect decision. Due to its spray trigger method, this carpet and upholstery cleaner is really easy to use. It’s always a good idea to have one bottle in your car just in case and we can calmly say this product could get the number one spot in the best car upholstery stain remover charts.
4. Chemical Guys CWS_103_16 Fabric Clean Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo
This spot and stain remover is so strong you will no longer worry that your car upholstery is dirty and smells strange. This product is formulated with some of the newest, advanced protectants and cleaners. The stubborn stains will no longer be a problem for you because this Chemical Guys CWS 103 16 Fabric Cleaner can not only sanitize your vehicle but also your carpet or indoor/outdoor fabric. And it will not just clean it, it will do it in a safe way. There is no bleach, no chemicals, ammonia, and other disturbing ingredients. The superior biodegradable degreaser and the enzymatic odor eliminator are the two things that make this purifier so special. This way the results you get are extremely long lasting and not only you but also your wallet and schedule will be happy. Your carpet, fabric or upholstery will look like new. The scent of this product is also something that we should not underestimate because it is so good that you will feel like you are out in nature – it is so fresh. Stains from juice, coffee even wine are easily removed you just need to remember that this product is highly concentrated and you need to dilute it with water.
5. Blue Coral DC22 Upholstery Cleaner
Having kids or pets around your precious couches, carpets and in the back of your car can be a dangerous thing. Over the years those areas would be subjected to so many nasty and hard to clean things such as milk and juice, food, dog or cat fur, etc. This product has so many good things about it that we don’t even know where to start. First of all, it is really powerful. It is effective on lipstick stain, blood stains, wine, and coffee spots, pretty much everything you can think of. It is multifunctional for you can use it for various things like your carpet, your car upholstery, and your car floor mats. Second of all, the design of this Blue Coral DC22 Upholstery Cleaner is really useful. The cap of the bottle is made in the form of a brush that can be easily used to clean ground-in stains and soils. Just vacuum, apply the product evenly, let it dry for a few minutes, get the easy-to-use brush cap and wipe up. There you go, you just got some renewed car upholstery. But still, be careful with the scrubbing cap, if the fabric you are cleaning is sensitive, don’t risk ruining it. Use a microfiber towel, for example.
6. Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
If your car upholstery has taken a serious beating from chocolate, juice, milk, greasy food, etc. and there are some serious stains and ground-in-dirt left, this Armor All Oxi Magic cleaner will be a lifesaver. Even the most stubborn stains will see the end of their existence as this product uses oxygen action to deal with anything that bothers you. Buying it for your car upholstery, though, does not mean that you can’t use it in your household. The product is perfectly suitable for old, dirty carpets and couches full of pet hair. Apply the product, following the steps and watch the magic happens. The Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet and Upholstery cleaner penetrates deep into different fibers to give you the best result possible. It will dissolve everything from coffee to ink and motor oil. We can clearly say this product is a breakthrough in the cleaning technology. It is designed to dissolve everything that gets in contact. The product is safe to use on pretty much every type of fabric. Still, just in case do not forget to test it on a separate piece of the fabric before spraying it directly on the surface you want.
7. Zep ZUOXSR32 Advanced Oxy Upholstery Cleaner
Your car or dog peeing on the upholstery of your car or on your beautiful, expensive, new carpet is the worst feeling ever. And let’s not even mention with the smell that comes afterward. We try everything to clean it the best way possible, but it is so hard and we get really annoyed. Well, with this Zep AUOXSR32 Advanced Oxy Carpet and Upholstery stain remover your life will be so much easier. It neutralizes odors and eliminates even the toughest stains. The product smells good and removes the dirt and stains you once thought were irremovable. There is one disadvantage, however. This product is so strong that sometimes when it dries out it could leave a slightly discolored ring where it has dried. This should not worry you at all! The only thing you need to do is spray the product on the stain, let it dry for a few minutes but while it is still wet, wipe the edges with some paper towel. This way it will not leave a mark later and you will have no complaints. The good thing about this cleaner is the fact that there is no scrubbing required. It is so strong that this is something you just don’t need to do.
Car Upholstery Cleaner Buying Guide
The most important thing you should consider when buying this kind of product is if it is suitable for your type of car upholstery. Most of the car upholstery cleaners are good to go for all types of fabrics and material, but still, you should be careful when you buy one.
What To Consider When Buying a Car Upholstery Cleaner?
The three most common materials for car upholstery are leather, vinyl, and fabric.
- Leather – Probably the easiest to clean and the most expensive to maintain. There are special upholstery cleaners for leather and you should always read the instructions on how to use them if you don’t want your expensive car to become total trash. Another con here is that leather needs to be waxed or conditioned.
- Vinyl – Most of the time you can simply wipe it down. That is why it is so easy to clean and people prefer it.
- Fabric – The most common type. It isn’t that easy to clean it but the upholstery of such type is really comfortable. There are various colors, which is even cooler if they match the cabin design.
In conclusion here, we could say that vinyl is the lesser evil. Anyway, you should always consider the type of upholstery you have when buying the proper upholstery cleaner.
We believe that this information on how to properly clean your upholstery is going to be enough for you. The ordeal isn’t so hard after all but you also need to keep in mind the type of cleaner you are going to get.
How to Identify a Car Upholstery Cleaner?
The market for car products is not at all small so you will be able to find upholstery cleaners that are extremely cheap and some that are not so much. Our advice to you is, of course, try to save some money, but not at all costs. Sometimes a product that is a bit more expensive could be of the amazing quality your favorite vehicle needs. This definitely is not a 100 percent-true, so it is for the best if you actually see the ingredients the cleaner has.
Your product (if it is a good one) should not have contents such as alcohol, VOCs or harsh solvents. On the other hand, something that you should be looking for on the back of the bottle is vegetable glycerin or plant-based surfactants.
Not only the upholstery of your vehicle but also the other parts should be sparkling if you want your car to be in the perfect condition. That means that the best tire shine product is also a must-have as it focuses specifically on the wheels! And cleaning your exterior would be so much easier if you have the best pressure washer.
Why do I Need a Car Upholstery Cleaner?
Most of the time when we think about how dirty our car is we think about its exterior. So we clean it or have it cleaned for us… but what about the vehicle’s interior? When you have a great looking house you not only clean it from the outside. On the contrary, you first clean the rooms in it. Well, why should it be any different with your car?!
When we first look at the upholstery we think that it’s really durable and that is actually true. But you need to keep in mind that its life cycle is pretty rough and you need to take good care of it if you want it to look as good as new. That is exactly why you just have to buy yourself a car upholstery cleaner.
Any professional auto-dealer will tell you that if you don’t have a credible cleaner your upholstery will become a nightmare. It is not a secret that the moment someone enters your car, dust and dirt are introduced in there as well. And let’s not talk about children and pets, it is simply impossible for them not to make any trouble. With a car upholstery cleaner, you will see that it is extremely easy to clean your vehicle and go to work calm and happy about the fact that your car interior is in a perfect condition.
How to Clean My Car Upholstery the Right Way?
What do I need to get started?
It is already clear to us that you are not only a car lover but a person who loves to feel comfortable in a fresh and clean environment. Just like home, our car needs to be maintained and sometimes the process could actually be fun. But even if it isn’t, at the end it will most surely be satisfying!
The car upholstery could be a tricky little thing and that’s why it is of great importance to know the proper steps in how to sanitize it the right way.
- First of let’s start with the items required for the job:
- Microfiber towel x2
- A bucket and some clean water
- Vacuum cleaner
- The car upholstery cleaner that you have chosen
Now, after we know what we need (It’s not that much, is it?) We can finally start with the process itself.
The Process of Cleaning & How to Do It Properly
- You should start by using the vacuum cleaner to purify all the visible debris such as pet hair, leftovers from the pizza you ate last night or candy wrap.
- After you have accomplished that mission, you can continue with the next step – apply the car upholstery cleaner. There is a difference in this step depending on what kind of cleaner you have chosen – foam-based or a liquid spray. If your choice has been a foam-based upholstery cleaner, you need to apply it on the surface and then rub it in with a hard sponge or a brush. If it is a spray, coat the surfaces and scrub the visible stains, but be gentle.
♣ Useful tip: Before you spray or apply the car upholstery cleaner on your precious car, it will be of your great interest to first try it on some separate piece of fabric. Pretty much all of the cleaners are mild and safe to use on all kinds of fabric and material but if there is even a slight chance of it ruining the upholstery of your vehicle then do not overlook the advice we give you.
- Use it to soak for about five minutes.
- With your first microfiber cloth (wet it in the bucket with the clean water) try to remove the dirt and the remains of the product.
- If there are no more coffee patches or any others disturbing spots, then you are ready to use the second microfiber towel to dry the area.
- Leave the upholstery to naturally air dry and if the result is not really satisfying and you have a resistant stain, you can always reapply the substance.
Voila, you have a clean car and you have done it all by yourself! And if that is not satisfying, we don’t know what could be. If you want your cleaning process to be even easier just buy the a car upholstery cleaner machine. There is more information on the subject of visual car maintenance but we hope that we have helped you with the steps we have gathered for you.
- Should I really use a Car Upholstery Cleaner? – Yes, of course, you should. You can’t clean your house with just water, right? Well, the same thing applies to vehicles.
- Will all the stains one hundred percent come out? – We can never say one hundred percent, yes, but if you choose a high-quality product the chances are pretty good. It also depends on the type of stain we are talking about, but unless you try there is no way to know for sure.
- Can I use a car upholstery cleaner for my tires? – There are special products for the tires but if you have decided to experiment, read the label first or look for some information on the Internet.
- Can I have the job done by myself or should I leave it to the professionals? – If we are talking about some everyday dirt and stains you can definitely do it by yourself just by following the steps we gave out. If we are talking about the deep and severe damage it will probably be for the best to hire a professional.
- Is car upholstery cleaner suitable for the mats of my vehicle? – Yes, almost every car upholstery cleaner will help you with that job.
If you can’t find the questions you have here, don’t worry, the frequently asked questions are so many you can always find information on the Internet or ask us in the comments.
Best Upholstery Cleaner Comparison Chart
|CarGuys Super Cleaner||18 Ounces||1.26 pounds||Multi-surface cleaner / Newest advancements in nano-technology||Interior, Exterior, Indoor, Outdoor, Car, Truck, RV, Motorcycle, Boat and Home use!|
|Chem-Dry Carpet Stain Extinguisher||18 Ounces||10.2 ounces||Water-based cleaner||Carpets, upholstery and fabrics|
|Meguiar's G9719 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner||19 Ounces||1.19 pounds||Fast acting foam||Carpets & fabrics|
|Chemical Guys CWS_103_16 Fabric Clean Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo||16 Ounces||1.1 pounds||Newest, advanced protectants and cleaners||Indoor and outdoor fabric, upholstery and carpet|
|Blue Coral DC22 Upholstery Cleaner||22.8 Ounces||1.5 pounds||Stain lifting ingredients||Carpet, upholstery and floor mats|
|Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner||22 Ounces||1.6 pounds||Oxygen action||Carpet, upholstery and couches|
Well, folks, you have come to the end of our buying guide to getting the best car upholstery cleaner on the market. Our only goal is to give you the information you need and we really hope that this specially created article has helped you select the most suitable product for your needs. Just follow our tips and you will get the best result possible.
In case you enjoy what you are reading, don’t hesitate to share this piece with your friends. Our team will be glad to share some useful information with as many people as possible. If you think we have missed anything in our car upholstery cleaner reviews or you want to ask us some questions, just pop a comment or leave us an email.
There are plenty of similar products that you could use to keep your household clean so don’t forget to check some of the other articles created especially for helping you pick the right unit. Thank you for reading and as always- stay put!