Roofmax Waterproof Roof Cargo Bag
Flexibility is something that is often missing when we talk about regular roof trunks. When you opt for a top class roof bag such as the Roofmax Cargo Bag you can easily take it on and off. Before you start worrying about the weather conditions when using a bag on your rooftop, make sure to note that the product is 100% waterproof.
What Does it Do?
The Roofmax Cargo Bag will allow you to store and transport your essential items while traveling by car regardless of distance. A vital addition to the product happens to be the metal straps. Unlike some other units in the same class that have plastic straps, here you get enough sturdiness and reliability.
The waterproof body will allow the user to transport electronics, clothes or even food without worrying that anything might get wet. Another big advantage of this cargo bag is that it is excellent for small cars. Most Mazda 3 owners will be thrilled to have this unit on top of their car. If you have a small trunk, this unit will surely make your life a little bit easier. If you need one , Check out some Hitch Cargo Carriers .
Installation and Safety
Now if you don’t have a rack, don’t worry, this rooftop bag can still be used. All you have to do is have the straps pass through the vehicle under the roof inside the car and close the doors over the straps. If you own a roof rack, then you will be able to simply wrap the straps around the bars.
Obviously, safety is the most important aspect when we talk about a soft rooftop bag. This one does not have any BPA in its components. This means that the plastic parts are not harmful and dangerous for your health. Additionally, the material is fire resistant and will not succumb to very high temperatures.
The straps are made of metal giving you extra security that the bag won’t fall of during your trip.
- The unit is made out of waterproof, fire resistant fabric.
- Can be opened from 3 sides
- The volume is 15 cubic feet
- Will fit any car or van
- The dimensions of the unit are 48 x 38 x 18 inches.
- The safety straps will be able to withstand 3,000 lbs of force
- Comes with a free anti-scratch mat
The waterproof feature is exceptionally well-built. Even during heavy downpours the cargo inside your bag will stay dry. On the downside, the gas mileage will definitely be affected by the presence of the bag and you will be able to feel some drag.
Always make sure that the zippers are tightly shut when traveling. The quality of this component is impressive but you still need to make sure the bag is zipped.
What we didn’t like about this item is the fact that you have to contact the seller to see how long the warranty is. This is not ideal because it looks a little bit sketchy. You never know what number they’ll give you and it also makes the whole enterprise look a little bit unprofessional.
- High quality fabric – will be good against rain and high temperatures
- Really useful for small cars without trunks
- Flexible – does not take up a lot of space when stored
- Light – easy to take on and off
- Metal straps – Very little chance these straps can malfunction
- No clear information about warranty – customers have to contact the seller
- Will increase gas mileage and will decrease the fuel efficiency
- If no roof rack is present, straps will have to go inside the car